Drivers warned as number of M4 closures announced for the week ahead
A number of road closures have been announced on the M4 in Wales and England for the week of January 8, with drivers told to expect delays. There are a host of maintenance works being carried out along the motorway.
Motorists are asked to take into account the closures before heading off to avoid rushing or lateness due to delays. Here is the full list of road closures and roadworks along the M4 for the week starting January 8. To get all the latest breaking news, traffic and weather updates straight to your inbox, sign up for one of our newsletters here.
All the M4 closures in Wales:
- Junction 39 Groes westbound will have its entry slip road closed from January 8 until January 13 from 8pm until 6am for maintenance works to be carried out.
- Junction 47 Penllergaer eastbound will have its entry slip road closed from January 8 until January 13 from 8pm until 6am for environmental work to be carried out.
- The M48 junction two Newhouse to junction one Aust will be closed in both directions from January 8 until January 10 from 7pm until 6am for maintenance works to be carried out.
All the M4 closures in England:
- Junction four to Junction two eastbound will have lane closures, slip closures and a carriageway closure for barrier repairs Diversion via TFL roads from January 8 to January 9 - 10pm until 5am.
- ^ the M4 (www.walesonline.co.uk)
- ^ weather (www.walesonline.co.uk)
- ^ here. (www.walesonline.co.uk)
- ^ New 20mph limit in Wales to be fully enforced everywhere (www.walesonline.co.uk)
- ^ The exact locations of mobile speed cameras across Wales for January 2024 (www.walesonline.co.uk)