Edinburgh braced for cold snap as frost and sub-zero temperatures …
With the clocks going back and the darker nights creeping in, winter has officially arrived and the weather will soon reflect that with lows of -1C predicted for the start of the weekend according to the Met Office.
It may not even be long until the capital is a sheet of snow with temperatures on Friday evening predicted to fall below 0C. Looking towards Saturday, November 11, the Met Office has warned off some showers to the east with the possibility of frost and fog in central areas.
They add how Sunday to Tuesday will bring bright and sunny spells, but a cold snap with more frost on Sunday and a rainy start to Monday and Tuesday with showers expected to turn into persistent and heavy rain throughout the day.
Lows of around 3C and 4C are also expected over the weekend despite sunny spells during the day with those who may have resisted the urge to click their heating on so far facing their coldest weekend yet.
- ^ frosty weekend (www.edinburghlive.co.uk)
- ^ Armistice Day (www.edinburghlive.co.uk)
- ^ East Lothian council issues update as 'scary' sinkhole 'stretches across road' (www.edinburghlive.co.uk)
- ^ Edinburgh police investigate as four children hospitalised in 'terrifying' crash (www.edinburghlive.co.uk)
- ^ Edinburgh Live's Whatsapp Community here (chat.whatsapp.com)
- ^ Edinburgh Live newsletters (www.edinburghlive.co.uk)