Diversion route details as serious A55 crash sparks major delays
A "serious crash" shut the A55 in both directions earlier today. The carriageway was closed between the A51 (Chester) and the A41 (Christleton), with police, two air ambulances and paramedics reported at the scene.
Cheshire Police said in a statement: "We’ve put a full road closure in both directions on the A55 dual carriageway near Christleton following a serious incident. Please avoid the area and use alternative routes where possible."
The eastbound carriageway has reopened, but the westbound is still closed. Huge delays have built up as a result of the crash.
National Highways has posted a diversion route for motorists travelling westbound:
Diverted traffic is advised to follow the hollow square diversion symbol:
- Exit the A55 southbound at the A51 junction (Vicars Cross)
- Take the third exit at the roundabout and follow the A51 westbound
- At the A41 junction, turn left onto the A41 southbound and continue until the A5115 Boughton Heath Roundabout
- Take the second exit to then re-join the A55 westbound
"If this closure impacts on your planned route, please allow extra journey time. Plan ahead, you may wish to re-route or even delay your journey," National Highways said.
Find out what's happening on the roads near you
- ^ and paramedics reported at the scene. (www.dailypost.co.uk)
- ^ A55 (www.dailypost.co.uk)
- ^ Ex-BBC Top Gear driver horrified as vape explodes at 500m/s and hits wife’s car ‘0.0008 seconds later’ (www.dailypost.co.uk)
- ^ Tragic mansion that was once one of Wales' grandest hotels could now be demolished (www.dailypost.co.uk)
- ^ www.trafficengland.com (www.trafficengland.com)
- ^ Sign up now for the latest news on the North Wales Live Whatsapp community (www.dailypost.co.uk)