Man suffers suspected back injury after car crashes
The collision occurred at around 2.50am on Monday (September 11) when fire crews were called to Joe Moores Lane, in Woodhouse Eaves, by the East Midlands Ambulance Service (EMAS). They had been dispatched following reports of a single car accident in the area.
The crash happened close to Lingdale Golf Club and prompted the response to two fire crews from Loughborough Fire Station. A team from Birstall Fire Station was also dispatched as part of the response.
At the scene, fire crews confirmed that the driver of the lone vehicle, a man thought to be in his 50s, was trapped. EMAS believed he had suffered a back injury.
In a statement, Leicestershire Fire and Rescue Service (LFRS) confirmed it made the vehicle safe before freeing the man from the side of the vehicle. LFRS said the man was left in the care of EMAS who took him to the Leicester Royal Infirmary.
The extent of the man’s injuries are unclear at this stage. LFRS added that the incident was cleared by 4am.
- ^ potential back injury (www.leicestermercury.co.uk)
- ^ East Midlands Ambulance Service (EMAS) (www.leicestermercury.co.uk)
- ^ Loughborough Fire Station (www.leicestermercury.co.uk)
- ^ Birstall Fire Station (www.leicestermercury.co.uk)
- ^ Man and two children die in crash between car and lorry on A5 near Hinckley (www.leicestermercury.co.uk)
- ^ Leicestershire Fire and Rescue Service (LFRS) (www.leicestermercury.co.uk)