Police hunt for driver after crash leaves person in hospital
Police are looking for a driver who left the scene of a two-car crash which saw a person taken to hospital. Officers from Kent Police were called to reports of the collision on the A228 Cuxton Road in Rochester at 5.20am this morning (November 18).
The crash forced the road to close in both directions between Roman Way and Poplar Way throughout the morning, resulting in considerable traffic. Paramedics were also called to the scene.
A spokesperson for Kent Police said: “Officers attended along with South East Coast Ambulance Service and the driver of one of the cars was taken to a local hospital. The driver of the other vehicle was not at the scene when officers attended and enquiries are ongoing to locate them.”
The road was re-opened in both directions at around 9.50am and traffic began flowing freely soon after. An update from traffic monitoring service Inrix stated at the time: “A228 Cuxton Road in both directions re-opened, traffic returned to normal, accident cleared from Roman Way to Poplar Road.”
If you have seen or heard anything you think we should know about, or in relation to this, please contact the KentLive newsdesk by email at [email protected]. Alternatively, you can get in touch with us via our Facebook page or on Twitter @kentlivenews.
- ^ Kent Police (www.kentlive.news)
- ^ Rochester (www.kentlive.news)
- ^ Body found in park during search for missing teenager (www.kentlive.news)
- ^ Group convicted after homeless man murdered in Canterbury car park (www.kentlive.news)
- ^ Facebook page (www.facebook.com)
- ^ Twitter @kentlivenews (twitter.com)
- ^ HERE. (data.reachplc.com)