25 photos of Piccadilly Station will unlock lost memories of the 80s …
If you regularly travelled via Manchester Piccadilly railway station in the 1980s or '90s, you'll no doubt have some memories of its concourse, shops and eateries from back then.
Between the late 1990s and early 2000s, Piccadilly station was completely refurbished in preparation for the 2002 Commonwealth Games, taking five years and costing £100 million.
For those old enough to remember it before its Noughties refurb - or even if you don't - we've put together a gallery of photos showing Manchester Piccadilly in the 1980s and 90s.
From lost shops and burger chains, to how the concourse used to look, here are 25 photos that are sure to unlock memories for many.
- ^ Manchester Piccadilly (www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk)
- ^ in the late 1990s (www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk)
- ^ 10 lost Manchester buildings and attractions we can now only see in pictures (www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk)
- ^ Generations of kids found amazing worlds in Greater Manchester's maze of entries and alleyways (www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk)
- ^ by clicking here (manchester.page.link)
- ^ clicking this link (chat.whatsapp.com)
- ^ Love Greater Manchester's past? Sign up to our new nostalgia newsletter and never miss a thing. (data.reachplc.com)
- ^ comments section below (www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk)