The roadworks set to disrupt journeys across Bedfordshire this week
Getting caught in unexpected roadworks can ruin journeys and put delays on plans. Knowing when and where roadworks are taking place can save the day.
Roadworks and road closures look likely to be in place across Bedfordshire this coming week (Monday, September 11 - Sunday, September 17), with some key roads impacted and delays likely. There are also minor works taking place throughout the county, with less severe delays expected.
Drivers are urged to check before travelling and take alternative routes where possible. See below for the latest road closures and disruptions.
All information is correct at the time of writing. If you think we have missed any, get in touch with us by emailing [email protected].
Roadworks taking place this week
- A421, Bedford - A421 Eastbound closed due to roadworks during the night from Beancroft Road to A6 The Branston Way (Marsh Leys Roundabout). Until December 19.
- A6 Paula Radcliffe Way, Bedford - A6 Paula Radcliffe Way Northbound closed due to roadworks from A600 Clapham Road (Bedford) to Oakley Turn-off (Oakley). Until October 27.
- A600 Bedford Road, Henlow Camp - Temporary traffic lights due to roadworks on A600 Bedford Road at Loganberry Way. Until October 22.
- A507, Stotfold - Temporary traffic lights due to roadworks on A507 at Stotfold Road. Until September 29.
- A6 Bedford Road, Clophill - Temporary traffic lights due to roadworks on A6 Bedford Road at A507 (Clophill roundabout). Until December 31.
- B5120 Dunstable Road, Toddington - Temporary traffic lights due to roadworks on B5120 Dunstable Road near Shelton Avenue. Until September 15.
- Water End, Bedford - Temporary traffic lights due to electricity work on Water End near Northill Road. Until September 12.
- Althorp Road, Luton - Althorp Road One Way Street closed due to roadworks between Biscot Road and A5228 Leagrave Road. Until September 16.
- Church End, Renhold - Church End in both directions closed due to water main work from the Church to Wilden Road. Until September 25.
- Midland Road, Bedford - Midland Road Westbound closed due to roadworks from Costin Street to A5141 Prebend Street. Until June 15, 2024.
- High Street, Arlesey - Temporary traffic lights due to roadworks on High Street at Goodwin Drive. Until December 29.
- The Bottoms, Harlington - The Bottoms in both directions closed due to long-term roadworks. Until May 5, 2024.
- St Thomas' Road, Luton, Bedfordshire - Temporary traffic lights due to telecoms work on St Thomas's Road at Lothair Road. Until October 11.
- ^ Extremely active Beds dad 'went to hell' after shock diagnosis (www.bedfordshirelive.co.uk)