‘Absolute idiots’ spotted on railway track blasted
A couple of people captured on a railway line in Gloucestershire have been blasted as "absolute idiots" on social media. The image, taken at exactly 5.45pm on Saturday afternoon (April 15) shows two people - one is sitting directly on the track at a small crossing point and another squatting alongside the track - on the track. There are also two bicycles shown in the image next to the line at the Brookthorpe level crossing.
According to Network Rail Western, who tweeted the image, around 138 trains a day travel at over 100mph along the section of railway line in question. They added: "In just over two seconds a 100mph train will cover the length of a football field. Your life is not worth risking for a photo."
A spokesperson for the company added that the matter is now in the hands of the British Transport Police. People responded to the tweet, calling the duo stupid for their actions. Mitchell Hurd summed up the views of many by saying: "Absolute idiots!"
British Transport Police have been contacted for further comment.
- ^ railway line in Gloucestershire (www.gloucestershirelive.co.uk)
- ^ Network Rail Western (www.gloucestershirelive.co.uk)
- ^ tweeted (www.gloucestershirelive.co.uk)
- ^ 138 trains a day travel at over 100mph (www.gloucestershirelive.co.uk)
- ^ Man punched 'multiple' times before wallet was robbed (www.gloucestershirelive.co.uk)