Tragedy as person dies following incident on rail lines at Saltburn
A person has died following an incident on train lines which saw 999 crews flood the area.
A spokesperson said: “Officers were called to the line near Saltburn yesterday (November 19) at around 12.00pm following reports of a casualty on the tracks. Paramedics also attended however sadly a person was pronounced dead at the scene. The incident is not being treated as suspicious and a file will be prepared for the coroner.”
The North East Ambulance Service previously confirmed that it sent three ambulance crews and one clinical team leader to the scene, taking one person to the James Cook University Hospital, in Middlesbrough. Images taken from the scene show at least two fire engines and one ambulance present.
Join Teesside Live's WhatsApp community for top stories and breaking news sent directly to your phone
Teesside Live is now on WhatsApp and we want you to join our community.
Through the app, we'll send you the latest breaking news, top stories, exclusives and much more straight to your phone.
We also treat our community members to special offers, promotions, and adverts from us and our partners. If you don’t like our community, you can check out any time you like.
To leave our community click on the name at the top of your screen and choose 'Exit group'.
- ^ Marske (www.gazettelive.co.uk)
- ^ Saltburn (www.gazettelive.co.uk)
- ^ Redcar (www.gazettelive.co.uk)
- ^ James Cook University Hospital (www.gazettelive.co.uk)
- ^ Middlesbrough (www.gazettelive.co.uk)
- ^ go here (www.gazettelive.co.uk)
- ^ click this link and select 'Join Community (chat.whatsapp.com)
- ^ Teesside Live (www.gazettelive.co.uk)
- ^ can read our Privacy Notice (www.reachplc.com)
- ^ Click here to join our WhatsApp community (chat.whatsapp.com)