Biker airlifted to hospital in serious condition after crash near JLR …
A motorcyclist was airlifted to hospital in a serious condition after a crash with a car. It happened near Jaguar Land Rover's factory in Solihull.
West Midlands Ambulance Service said two ambulances, a paramedic officer, a doctor and a community first responder were sent to Lode Lane, at 6.45pm, on Thursday, May 18. The rider of the bike received specialist trauma care at the scene.
He was then transported to Birmingham's Queen Elizabeth Hospital by the Warwickshire and Northamptonshire Air Ambulance. The service said he was in a "serious condition."
An ambulance service spokesman told BirminghamLive: "We were called to reports of a collision between a car and a motorcyclist at the junction of Lode Lane and Rowood Drive at 6.45pm. Two ambulances, a paramedic officer, a BASICS doctor, a community first responder and the Warwickshire and Northamptonshire Air Ambulance attended the scene.
"On arrival we discovered one patient, a man, who was the motorcyclist. He received specialist trauma care at the scene and was airlifted to Queen Elizabeth Hospital, Birmingham, in a serious condition."
Lode Lane was blocked off in both directions while emergency services worked at the scene.
Stay up to date with the very latest from your Birmingham or West Midlands street or neighbourhood with our Birmingham News Email Updates
- ^ Solihull (www.birminghammail.co.uk)
- ^ West Midlands Ambulance Service (www.birminghammail.co.uk)
- ^ Birmingham's Queen Elizabeth Hospital (www.birminghammail.co.uk)
- ^ 'Man who drove teens to schoolboy stabbing says he had nothing to do with murder' (www.birminghammail.co.uk)
- ^ Birmingham News (data.reachplc.com)
- ^ Email Updates (data.reachplc.com)